Saturday, October 22, 2011

iPhone 4s Day 8: Cashville, NC

It's actually Asheville, but I bet if there were any rappers from here, they'd call it that. We were supposed to be on the road at 10, and we didn't leave until 11:30. We stopped at the outlet mall on I-85 and spent 3 hours doing some clothes shopping for the boys and I got a few new kicks from the Nike outlet. But needless to say, we didn't make it to the primary destination for the day, which was SAFF.

In case you're curious, SAFF stands for the Southeastern Animal and Fiber Festival. I like to call it FiberCon or Yarn-apalooza. My wife is an avid knitter and I equate this festival to a BCS game for them. It's not the SuperBowl but it's pretty big. Not to worry, there is still tomorrow.

We rented a little town home which I will hopefully be able to upload properly with this Blogger app. It's real nice and the boys have their own room which has been a slight adventure so far this evening (Isandro is still awake but being quiet after being threatened with bodily harm if he wakes his brother up).

I downloaded RoadTrip Lite to calculate my gas mileage. I will probably get the full featured version at some point so I can track my maintenance as well, but I couldn't part with the $5 for it. It's interesting how I can easily give a stripper money for what is in reality no return, but I hesitate to spend money on apps. Oh well, I'll do it at some point. I used UrbanSpoon to find the restaurant she had wanted us to go to (and see that 91% of people liked it). We used my wife's iPod to do the constellation searching with the SkyView app. That was cool once we used the compass on my iPhone to face in the correct direction. I used "Siri" to define a word for the first time, that worked out well once I pronounced the word in a way she could understand. She completely botched a text message today though. Luckily it wasn't anything offensive. At some point today I asked her to show me her titties and she pretended she did not know what I meant. However she was quick to say "thank you" when I called her awesome. Go figure.

Ok, the Pre vs iPhone battle today is GPS. iPhone is the victor here. The accuracy and time to acquire a good signal is way better in the iPhone. There are way more apps to take advantage of location services. In fact, the only plus the Pre has is turn-by-turn navigation, which while not the greatest, is better than staring at Google Maps and consequently missing turns.

That's the update for today. Tomorrow will be filled with tales of touching fur..

.

No comments:

Post a Comment