Wednesday, October 19, 2011

iPhone 4s Day 4: No Rest For The Wicked

Not a big update today. Today's is one of my work from home days, so in between conference calls, emails, and script writing, I get to mess with the boys a good deal. Work has been extra busy though. I have three projects and two major system configuration changes going on. So by the way, if you know anyone in need of a job, and they have experience with Hyperion HFM/FDM installations and/or maintaining the backend of those apps, holla at me.

The phone has been good. Downloaded a QR code reader app, which was a sore point with my Pre and its inability to read them. Got OpenTable for those easy restaurant reservations. Most of the people reading this know me, but if you don't, I love to eat everything. Take that however you want to, and it's probably still true. The only real benefit between OpenTable and just calling the restaurant is that the restaurant gets a printout with your name, so I'm greeted as "Mr. Hinds" when I get there which is cool to me. My wife gets a little upset because I guess servers are taught not to assume she is Mrs. Hinds. I'll start putting in the special instructions that my wife and I are coming, maybe that will solve that. Got HBO Go as well and started catching up on Hung, which is my current favorite HBO show. Used Pandora for the first time. Nothing different from the webOS version. I know you wouldn't expect this from me, but "Pumped Up Kicks" radio was what I was listening to. I downloaded Fandango, but I am curious as to why AMC doesn't have an app so I can put my AMC Stubs member number in there. I still have to do it with a web browser. A couple apps I've downloaded and haven't used yet are the Nike Training Club and Netflix apps. I have seen the NTC in action in the gym at my job, just haven't had time to do it at home. Not sure why I haven't opened the Netflix app yet. My next app search will be for a Tabata timer app. I think I found one, just waiting for the developer to respond to my question about one of the features. I also haven't put any music on it. I'll get on that soon. "Siri" has become my go-to girl for sending text messages, since she won't give me any other type of pleasure.

I had someone give me a long list of apps to look at, maybe this weekend I'll get to it. It's almost 3 AM, so I'm going to go to bed now. Blame my job for the late post. Pre vs iPhone comparison today is size. Get your mind out of the gutter before we continue this discussion. I was certain I would hate the size of the iPhone. It's actually not that bad. I know my hands are probably slightly larger than average, but I can more than comfortably use the iPhone with one hand, which was what I was worried about leaving the Pre. I guess bigger can be better...

4 comments:

  1. OMG I loved "since she won't give me any other pleasure." I like this play-by-play. Good times!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also, now I have to go talk about Pumped Up Kicks on my own blog. Thanks a LOT. Just kidding.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I use Fandango a lot. Whenever I use apps I wonder why every company doesn't have one. I have Scoutmob, Where, iDine, Groupon and LivingSocial and use them all the time too. I mentioned Logmein the other day. It's one of my favorite apps, but it isn't cheap. I use it a lot though so I think I got my money's worth.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Sarah: I just hope my blog posts are half as funny as yours.

    @Heather: I've downloaded most of the apps you recommended. I'm still trying to figure out Logmein and how it differs from Find My iPhone.

    ReplyDelete