Monday, October 24, 2011

iPhone 4s Day 10: A little rest, a little food, a lot of nature

The day started off nice enough: a little four person cuddlefest, some hanging out in our pajamas, some working on my day off, some tv time, and then a nap for the youngest one before we ventured out for some food. Today we went to Sunny Point Cafe & Bakery. If you live in Atlanta, think The Flying Biscuit's fraternal twin. I thought it was good, but my wife wasn't so impressed. Isandro liked his and Fernando eats whatever you put in frint of him, so he murdered some pieces of biscuit and fruit.

We then went to the North Carolina Arboretum. I'm not much of a nature person, but that was a beautiful place. We walked through their gardens and along a 3/4 mile trail. We will definitely come back to take another trail. The only bummer to the day was that Isandro appears to be allergic to something in the air around here, as his eyes and nose were running non stop. The boys' lack of sleep has apparently caught up to them as both were out by 8 PM.

The phone had its first drop today. It happened at the restaurant. It was about a two foot drop off my lap into a concrete floor. The case protected it as designed even though it wasn't that far of a drop.

No new apps today. Just a lot of Maps, Good, and UrbanSpoon. I contemplated getting TeleNav but again couldn't part with the $10. "Siri" set a reminder for me. If there is one thing "Siri" is going to do to the world, she's going to force us to enunciate. Apparently when I say "Wells Fargo" it sounds like "embargo."

I don't really have a battle theme today because nothing came up. I'll make up a quick battle: build quality. The iPhone wins this one. A good friend of mine described the Pre as a plastic toy, and I could never argue that point. While this glass on both sides frightens me a little, I don't think it's that delicate or Apple would have been run out of town already.

Ok it not quite midnight so I'm going to take advantage of everyone being asleep and go to sleep myself. I'll leave you with a pic of the fam using the front cam. We're sitting on my tailgate as we finished walking around the Arboretum. You can see Isandro is all smiles even though his eyes are clearly showing otherwise. The Benadryl is working its magic as I type...

No comments:

Post a Comment