Friday, October 28, 2011

iPhone 4s Day 13: Decision Day

Work is killing me. Luckily, it appears our open position may be filled soon. My fingers are crossed as this working working working day and night is getting old.

I called this post "Decision Day" because tomorrow would be the last day I could return this thing without a severe penalty. I'm not returning it. First off, I do actually like it. While there is stuff I wish I could change about it, the pros far outweigh the cons. I could have gone Android and probably felt the same way, since HPalm basically all but abandoned the webOS platform. I think I said this before, but an Android phone would have probably prompted me to put a custom ROM on it and mess with it. I kind of like that I can't really do that with this one. I could jailbreak it, and I may do it in the future, but it works as is now. The only reason I'd jailbreak is to enable tethering. Also, Apple has a good record of supporting older hardware. Since I'll have this for two years (unless the iPhone 5 is so ridiculously advanced that my cheap ass will potentially take a loss to get it), I need to make sure that software updates will keep me current. iOS5 is being rolled out to 3Gs models. Android is fractured as hell. I think I read a Nexus One (which came out about the same time as a 3Gs) is not getting Ice Cream Sandwich. Then there is the dependence on the phone manufacturers and the carrier after Google releases the update to get it to your phone. One less hop with the iPhone.

Other than those reasons, I spent $30 on the case, bought $8 worth of apps, have $20 worth of chargers coming, and Sprint would charge me $35 to take it back. It'll stay here.

Didn't do anything new today, just recommended some case choices to a coworker who should be getting hers shortly.

Aight, sorry for the boring update. I'll do better tomorrow. I make no guarantees though...

No comments:

Post a Comment