Wednesday, October 26, 2011

iPhone 4s Day 11: Free Nav!

So I didn't discover this until after I made it home, but there is a free non carrier specific turn-by-turn navigation option for the iPhone. It's called Waze. I'm going to download it right after this post and see how it does on the way to Isandro's school, my job, and home, and report back to you. If it works well, that will be money back in the hands of the strippers who work hard for it.

The trip home from Asheville was pretty good. We actually left at the time we said we were going to leave for the first time EVER. I should have bought a lottery ticket. Both kids acted well, we stopped for Zaxby's and took 20 min rather than our usual hour long stop, and my wife allowed the truck to pass the outlet mall without stopping, since we were trying to get her to work on time (which we did successfully) and since we stopped on the way up if you recall. When we got to the house, my wife did a jump out of the truck while it was moving in a dive like position that allowed her to fly through her car window, push the automatic start, and then zoom off. I may have done a little embellishing to that part of the story. I put He-Who-Sleeps-Through-Natural-Diasters in bed for a nap as he had just fallen asleep and He-Who-Wakes-When-Pin-Drops and I hung out. By hanging out I mean he looks for something to chew on while I tell him "not for the mouth" in the two languages I know to no avail. I'm pretty sure both my child were or will be billy goats in their past or future lives. The baby headed to nap just in time for the oldest to wake up, so he and I spent some quality time as well playing catch and watching "Peep and the Big Wide World" which is his favorite show. The short cartoon at the end called "Pocoyo" normally has me in tears from laughing so hard for some reason. More playing with both boys, a visit from Grammie, dinner and bedtime ended the day. Not looking forward to work tomorrow at all. I didn't do nearly enough work on my days off. I see the irony in that statement, don't judge me.

Did I do customizations as a battle theme yet? I don't feel like going to check, so customizations it is. The Pre wins with a more easily modifiable OS and being able to do the mods with no fear of your warranty being rendered invalid (although I don't think it's the case anymore with Apple, but I could have made that up). It also gets extra points for the webOS Doctor, which short of a physical catastrophe would bring the Pre back to an out of the box state, so you could experiment at will.

Enough one finger typing for today. I think I'm behind watching Hung so I'll catch up before I stare at the back of my eyelids. Hasta maƱana...

No comments:

Post a Comment