Sunday, October 30, 2011

iPhone 4s Day 15: Ramblin' Gamblin' Helluva Engineer!

My alma mater, Georgia Tech, beat undefeated #5 Clemson today. The rest of this post is just fluff.

Woke up early, went to do a computer repair job, which was actually an easy one that just took a lot of time. One of my clients decided she did not want to patch her almost decade old computer anymore and bought a new one, so I just set the new one up and transferred data. Do you know how long it takes to move 11 GB using a USB 1.0 connection? Way too long. Oh, one last Waze comment. You can't do via points. I find myself doing via points all the time, so I'll still need another navigation app.

Got home, took a nap, and woke up in time to see Duke almost upset Virginia Tech, which would have been sweet. A commercial about the ACC app prompted me to download it, only to be disappointed that they want $8 for streaming live games. It doesn't do anything that the ESPN app doesn't do, so it'll be getting the boot soon. Saw UGA come back against Florida, that was a bit sad. Went recycling by the Dekalb Farmer's Market, and had "Siri" call the Mellow Mushroom in downtown Decatur so I could order a pizza for dinner. Got home, ate dinner, put the boys to bed and watched the best game Tech has played all season. They've had statistically better games, but those were against high school teams in disguise. I also used the RedLaser app to scan the QR code on the GoDaddy commercial off my plasma. Not sure if I should tout the phone or the plasma but it worked with no problems. By the way, the extra GoDaddy footage is not worth it.

I'm having a problem with "Siri." She won't pronounce my wife's name right, even though I've filled in the phonetic first name field. Not sure why that is. I did figure out though that if I update my contact info and put her in the spouse field, that I can tell "Siri" to "tell my wife" and not worry about the pronunciaton, at least until she reads it back to me.

I think I'm going to bed. This was a very emotional evening, especially after the refs missed a blatant offsides call which cause a turnover which switched the momentum in Clemson's favor. Forutnately we played well three quarters instead of our usual one half. I'll leave you with my modified Clemson chat, which I made up after going to a game a while back and sitting with some obnoxious Clemson fans who kept doing the chant over and over again. Fortunately they lost, and this is what I sang back to their disgust:

C-L-E-M-S-O-N!
S-T-I-N-K-S!
Lose Tigers! Lose Tigers! Lose! Lose! Lose!
<insert Ric Flair WOOOOOOO! here>

PS - replace "Stinks" with "Tigers" and "Lose" with "Fight" and you get the actual chant.

No comments:

Post a Comment