Saturday, November 12, 2011

iPhone 4s Day 28: Working For The Weekend

This should really be called "Working Through The Weekend" as that is probably what I'm going to be doing. But enough about work. Guess what? I GOT ISANDRO TO SCHOOL EARLY TODAY!!! He was the first kid there. What I didn't mention yesterday due to the debacle that was the GT game, was that we had a parent-teacher conference with one of Isandro's teachers, and she mentioned how he misses some stuff and having to jump in the middle of whatever they were doing was sometimes difficult. This obviously made me feel like the crappiest parent ever. So I woke up a half hour early and subsequently got us out of the house that much earlier. Isandro did well with the new time. Me, not so much. The Starbucks barely helped. Wings Friday almost made me comatose. So maybe going to bed earlier might help.

I got another award off the same project. Not to bad for a project were I averaged 14 hours a day for a few months. Not sure if my previous issue is still happening but the system is now stable so hopefully it'll calm down.

The other thing I forgot to mention yesterday is that I hosted a karaoke event at work. Well, really I just operated the "karaoke" machine (basically a laptop with karaoke software, an amp, mics, and speakers). I accomplished my mission of not singing. And for my assistance, the actual hosts gave me a $10 gift card to iTunes. Which makes this a perfect segway into...

I bought the full version of Road Trip. Now I can put my maintenance reminders in it. I am waffling over buying a few apps: iStatus (posts to FB, Twitter and G+ at one time), Tapatalk (forum reader), and Tabata Timer Pro (interval training program). Road Trip cost me $5. iStatus is $1 and both Tapatalk and Tabata Timer Pro are $3. I could pay the $2 to get them all but I don't want to. I'm waiting for some price slash to hopefully get these other ones. I also downloaded Key Ring, after seeing a friend of mine's G+ post. It an app which replaces all those bar code tags you have sitting on your key ring. I'll hit a Kroger at some point to test it out, but it scanned the bar codes with no problems.

I am noticing the battery life improving a little bit after the 5.0.1 patch. I read that there are still complaints, so I guess a new release will be coming soon again.

Ok, the early start is making me have to redo every other sentence as my eyes keep closing. On tap for tomorrow: getting stuff for Isandro's early birthday party on Sunday. Good night peeps!

No comments:

Post a Comment