Saturday, November 5, 2011

iPhone 4s Day 21: Murder She Wrote

I don't recommend trying to do much after 3 hours of sleep. I-285 was whore-rific today, so Isandro got to school 20 minutes late. There is another parent that gets their child to the school later than I do, and even she beat me today. That was sad. At least the Starbucks was good. Work wasn't too bad either. One of the projects keeping me up at night goes live this weekend. Not to worry, it will be replaced by another project to keep my insomnia going. Got in a mini workout today as well. Wasn't much, but I had to do something to offset Wings Friday.

I think Waze is murdering my battery. It sucks because I was kind of getting into the social aspect of the app, discovering map errors, helping to warn other drivers of cops, accidents, and other hazards, etc. But once it starts running, I can see the battery percentage move down sharply, even after the program is shut off. I have not gotten a car charger yet, but if I plan to continue to use Waze, one will be necessary.

So 3 out of the 4 "genuine" AC chargers came in, and I'm pretty sure they don't have enough amperage to charge the phone at a decent rate. As the old adage goes, "you get what you pay for." It was like $15 for all 4. Oh well, I have AppleCare if they go from undercharging to frying.

New app today was Google Voice. I had a GV app on my Pre, but it only handled notifications when open, so I had Google forward texts to my real number, which was always weird as Google has a bunch of random phone numbers it uses for text forwarding, so the number I was responding to wasn't the person's actual number. This app appears to take care of that. I'll have to try calling my GV number to see how the app handles that.

In bed before 3 for the first time in a few days. Let me take advantage of that. Later!

No comments:

Post a Comment