Sunday, November 6, 2011

iPhone 4s Day 22: Low Tide

Definitely a lazy day. Hung out in our pajamas most of the day. I only went out to attempt to score a deal on a new DECT 6.0 phone set for the house, which did not pan out, and to get dinner. After the boys went to bed, we watched the Alabama vs LSU game, hyped as the Game of the Century, and it actually lived up to the name. No touchdowns scored, and it went into overtime. Alabama missed 4 field goals during the game, which I believe to be their downfall. LSU's defense did a good job on limiting the damage Trent Richardson did. I had not really seen him play until today, and that dude is a beast. I'm not sure who else LSU has on the schedule, but their QB situation leaves a lot to be desired. I can see it biting them in the ass at some point. After a quick peek in the ESPN app, it appears LSU's next big challenge will be Arkansas. That should be a good game too.

Nothing new on the phone front, just more confirmation that Waze is killing my battery and my cheap ass chargers are barely charging. I downloaded the LinkedIn app but haven't opened it yet. I'm on the hunt for an app that has a stopwatch and a countdown timer like I had on my Pre. It appears in iOS land that there's two apps for that. Maybe that could be my foray into app writing. I have a game idea but I'd have to look into how you code using the accelerometer and the gyroscope. I probably need to figure out how to translate real life physics as well. I'm talking myself out of making this game as I type.

Oh I forgot to mention the other day that "Siri" and I had our first fight. The day I went to have drinks with some coworkers (Wednesday I believe), he suggested this Mexican restaurant called The Village Taqueria. It was formally called Lime, with the name change happening a few days ago. So I look up the directions on my work computer, but just for shiznits and grins, I have "Siri" get the directions for me as well. Or so I thought:

Me: Get directions for The Village Taqueria.
"Siri": I found a few places close by (all Mexican restaurants, none The Village Taqueria)
Me: (realizing the new name has probably not been updated in anyone's system yet) Get directions for Lime
"Siri": I found some businesses matching Line.
Me: Get directions for Lime (with a slightly different inflection)
"Siri": I found some businesses matching Line.
Me: Get directions for Lime (with extra emphasis on the "m")
"Siri": I cant find anything matching Lymah.
Me: (yelling now) Get directions for Lime!!!
"Siri": I found some businesses matching Line.
[repeat the Lime request and facepalm answer sequence at least 3 more times]
Me: Find me a Mexican restaurant.
"Siri": Here are several restaurants close by (lots of them, but not the one I wanted. Also she found restaurants way farther than the one I wanted)
Me: Fuck you "Siri"!!!
"Siri": I do not understand that.

"Siri" and I are going to have to work on our communication.

Aight, time to get a little shut eye. Holla!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment