Sunday, October 6, 2013

IPhone 5s Day 9: Better late than never

This one is going to be short. I was just about to go to sleep when I remembered I didn't post anything. So here's a quick play by play:

- Went to the Avondale Estates AutumnFest. Had an apple pie with bacon in it. They say everything is better with bacon, and that is no lie. 

- I've been implementing cost cutting measures in my life, one of which was reducing the amount of money I pay Comcast a month. First casualty of this change was I no longer get ESPNU, which had the Tech/Miami game. So I may be revisiting that. But the ScoreCenter app did a good job of keeping me updated, and I'm not sure when they implemented this, but there are now links to video clip of the scoring play. We did lose, but we had The U shitting their pants for most of the game. I'll take that after last week's performance. 

- "Siri" is doing a fantastic job of understanding me. The Google apps, not so much.

- Played with the slo-mo function. Pretty cool as far as gimmicks go, since normal people don't need slo-mo. I recall a Dave Chapelle skit about slo-mo making things better. I'll post a couple videos tomorrow and let you be the judge. No, not that kind of video...

- The Shazam app is pretty damn good at figuring out songs in the worst of environments. Give their engineers a gold star and a lap dance.

- I know he's a A-/B+ level fighter who fought what looked like C level talent, but Miguel Cotto looked quite impressive tonight. As a couple of the commentators mentioned, it would have been interesting to see this relentless left hook to the body Cotto against Funny Money.

- My wife dropped her iPhone 4 on concrete for the second time in its lifetime. This time it was the front, which now matches the back. Looks as bad as it sounds. I may not be selling my 4s after all...

Ok, this was way longer than it was supposed to be. Good night biznatches!

No comments:

Post a Comment