Monday, October 7, 2013

iPhone 5s Day 11: Cradle robbing

Nothing crazy to report today. Apparently you cannot watch Monday Night Football on an iPhone, which seems silly but I'm sure ESPN has a good reason. I'm also sure the good reason is stupidity. The Falcons appear to be further proving why they don't need a new stadium. Matt Ryan is my fantasy QB though, so I need them to do a bit better.

I finally took pictures of the phone with its case and screen protector:



My apologies for the shininess and glare. Taking the pictures on my glass desk probably wasn't one of my brightest moments. But you can see my college diploma in the reflection, that should count for something. Yes, I graduated 11 years ago. Yes, it got put in that frame probably 8 or 9 years ago as a gift from my wife. Yes, it just got hung up last month for the first time. Anywho, you can see that the case adds very little to the phone. The screen protector is bubbling up slightly at the bottom, but not enough for me to complain. I hear the customer support for Tech Armor is pretty good. If it gets any worse I'll test it out.

I've gone on quest for a new cradle for my car. The cradle I have now used to go in the cigarette lighter, but it was top heavy and would fall out every once in a while. It also eventually ripped my cigarette lighter out of the front console. Luckily cigarette lighters are cheap to replace in my truck. The cradle also came with a way to connect it to an air conditioner vent, which is working fine, but I hate that one of my vents is blocked, so I want it back in the cigarette lighter. So a cradle that goes in the cigarette lighter, provides power, and isn't top heavy. I found a few that may fit the bill on eBay and Amazon. I'll have to go through the reviews and see which Chinese DEATH BY FIRE cradle will be least likely to kill me due to fire.

Ok, I'm doing a lot of yawning, so I'm going to go to bed. And by bed, I mean go upstairs and surf on my phone some more while seeing if the Braves can lift the city's spirits or if the city will be doubly somber tomorrow. Deuces!

No comments:

Post a Comment