Thursday, October 3, 2013

iPhone 5s Day 6: Not much happening

Today was one of those days that seemed really busy but I don't feel like I accomplished much. I had to take a drug test for a client that I will be on site for in a few weeks. If you know me, you know that I've never even smoked a cigarette in my entire life, but drug tests still bring out the imaginary weed smoker in me. I also sold the co-sleeper bassinet thingy that the boys spent the first 6 months of their lives in. That was kind of sad, but what are we going to do with it but let it sit in our already overcrowded house? Besides, the sale of that bassinet will cover 6 lap dances some of the iPhone cost.

I also bought an office chair. As many of you know, I got a new job where I either travel to clients or work from home and remote into their systems. I started out working in the dining room, which if you can avoid sitting in a dining room chair for 8 - 10 hours a day, you would be very wise to do so. We then moved the boys in together so I could have an office, and I started out with an Ikea desk and a vintage lounge chair, only slightly better than the dining room setup. I then upgraded to this desk which I got for a super steal on Craigslist. I've bought one 22" monitor, also on crazy sale, because doing documentation on a 15" screen is not where it's at. I plan on buying one more monitor and a chair mat, and then I will consider my office complete. Oh and a dual monitor stand. And one more UPS. Then I'm done for real. Hopefully I can write these purchases off...

As for cool iPhone stuff, I didn't do much today. I didn't get to ask Siri any good questions, but all my commands she did without issue. I'm even able to talk more normally. With my 4s, I had to enunciate and slow down, and even then it still had issues. I found out my Staples app is malfunctioning, and deleting it and downloading it again only half fixed it, not sure what that's about. Oh, I did my first voice + data call. It was as orgasmic as I dreamed it would be. So now if you call me, I'm REALLY really not paying attention to you.

I have one annoyance with the Control Center, which is while I can turn Wi-Fi on or off, I can't get to the Wi-Fi configuration screen where I could pick what network I want to connect to. They should make it so that if I tap and hold, it would bring that screen up. Not sure where I can submit that idea, but I'm going to find out. My guess is that it will be sending a message to my congressman, but at least I can say I tried.

I'll end this one on a bittersweet note. My oldest completed his first homework assignment. It only took him 10 minutes and was some counting stuff he could do easily, but still...I'm not crying, something just poked me in both eyes. By the way, he is using the Ikea desk, and as with most Ikea things, they fit him better.




No comments:

Post a Comment