Tuesday, October 8, 2013

iPhone 5s Day 12: Soy un perdedor

I believe this is the theme song for Atlanta sports:


I've been in Atlanta for 19 years. I grew up a Knicks, Giants and Mets fan. For some reason or other (usually a player strike), my allegiance to those teams wavered. As I've gotten older and my interest in pro sports revitalized, I've attempted to adopt the home teams, but the home teams have not attempted to pick me up. I'm not going to lie, the Hawks probably don't have a chance as I still bleed blue and orange thinking of Ewing, Oakley, Mason, Starks, Jackson, Anthony, G. Wilkins, Skywalker, King, Houston, Sprewell, Grandmama, I could go on and on. But I've tried to jump on the Braves and Falcons bandwagons, and I usually jump off pretty quickly. Last night was just bad. I only stayed up watching the Braves because they had tied the game, and  were up a run so it seemed a Game 5 was imminent. Much to my dismay, they go down a run in the 8th, and I'm up at 1:30 AM  for no reason. Suckas. And the Atlanta "Waste of a new Stadium" Falcons? All they had to do was make it to a Super Bowl last year, and no one would have questioned the stadium. Now they are throwing crazy money at neighboring churches and losing most of their games to build one...

Cool things with the phone today. The first is a benefit of AT&T, which is their wireless hotspot network. Starbucks and McDonald's use the AT&T wi-fi network. You're saying, "Marco, the wifi at those places are already free dumbass!" You are right, but if you don't have AT&T, you have to join the network, and then you get that annoying "Agree to our ToS biatch!" message, AND THEN you get redirected to some cheesy ad-riddled page. Since I'm on AT&T, I just walked into Starbucks, my wifi connects, and I go along my business. Insert slobbery raspberry in your direction here.

The second was the personal hotspot. It ran faster than the wifi at Starbucks. I almost tested it and a voice call at the same time, but I was doing something important for work, so I didn't want to chance a disconnect at the time. But know that I will test it out, and soon.

I've got to start packing the stuff that I've sold on eBay. I should have a small surprise in store for tomorrow. Not for you though. Not for me either...

No comments:

Post a Comment