Thursday, October 17, 2013

iPhone 5s Day 19: Go Siri, it's your birthday

You will notice that Siri is not in quotes. It was my favorite sister-in-law's birthday yesterday. How many sister-in-laws do I have you ask? That's not important, she is still my favorite. I went out with her and some of her friends to a place called Jack's Pizza and Wings. I would send you their URL, but it appears someone didn't pay their hosting company, so the domain is parked. Look them up on UrbanSpoon or something. I had more beer than I should have on a weekday, a shot, and a couple slices of pizza. I ask the waitress for the bill, of which I paid for the pitcher of beer, the first round of shots (4), and 2 of Siri's drinks. $20 + tax. I think Jack's will be seeing me more often. 

That would also be why I'm posting this at 6:30 in the morning. I got home and all but passed out. Don't worry, I have enough issues with APD and DCPD without throwing being drunk in the mix. I waited my full hour after my last drink before leaving.

My Lightning cables came! <Insert crude joke here, then remove your mind from the gutter>. Staples sent them in a Tyvek envelope so a couple boxes were crushed, but all cables look intact. So now I have one cable for the bedroom, one for the office, one for my laptop bag, one for the truck, and one for the living room. I still need like three more to replace all the 30 pin cables I had conveniently placed (at least 2 more in the laptop bag so I can have one stay in the bag, one in the rental car, and one at the hotel when I travel on business, and the one in the kitchen so my wife can boogie down while cooking without fear of the phone dying). This batch of cables should suffice until the next big coupon.

My job's subscription to Office 365 does not appear to allow the mobile version. I'll have to inquire about that. I'll be testing out SkyDrive Pro and OneNote, which I do have access to. I should also mess with the Apple productivity suite. I don't think I've opened any of them yet.

Lastly I'm going to work on a picture backup solution. I like iCloud, but I don't like that if I delete pictures off the phone, they get deleted everywhere. I wonder if I delete them from Camera Roll and not Photo Stream, if I can recapture the space but still have access to the photos of my youngest stealing the phone and taking 17 pictures of his forehead:

My alarm just went off. Time to get the boys up. Later...

No comments:

Post a Comment