Sunday, October 11, 2015

iPhone 6s Days 5 - 7: Out of Town

Sorry for the lack of posts. I was out of town for a few days, so the phone got its first bit of traveling in. Nothing special went on, though I'm a bit nervous running around without a Lifeproof case on. The one thing I noticed was that the Calendar app had my flight info already in there, so I assume there is some Calendar/Mail or Delta/Calendar integration going on. The Delta flight was delayed (what's new?) but the app had the courtesy of letting me know early enough so that I could stop driving like a bat out of hell because we were running a bit behind. 

I had a chance to use Apple Pay at a Rite Aid, but I didn't know what exactly to do. The dude at the counter just looked at me strangely while I fumbled around and eventually gave up and just swiped. I've looked it up now, and added a card via camera (which was crazy convenient) so I'll try it soon and let you know how it goes. What was cool was any time I used the card, the Wallet app gave me a notification. My hope is that they can then find a way for me to use one of these apps to print out my receipts somehow for expense reports. Currently like have to "scan" them in by taking a picture. Not the end of the world, but anything to make my life easier. 

I think I may want an Apple Watch, but I'm afraid it might be racist like my Fitbit. My Fitbit doesn't measure my heart rate very well, and it may have something to do with the color of my skin. Maybe calling it racist is a bit extreme. Prejudiced perhaps? Basically my melanin proficiency causes a couple issues: the LEDs can't shine through my skin as well as they're supposed to, and the Fitbit also thinks I'm not wearing it every once in a while. I'm afraid the Apple Watch will have the same issue. I should go test it in a store, and then ask Santa to bring me one if it works out. 

My mother had the boys and took them to Disney on Ice, and let them stay up crazy late. My little one all but refused to get out of her car and said he was staying with her. I think his portion of the inheritance just got bigger...

Reality will be here at 6:45. Let me try and get some rest before then. 

No comments:

Post a Comment