Monday, October 5, 2015

iPhone 6s Day 1: 7 Days of Hell (The #FWP version)

It appears the only time I can write blog posts is the 30 days after getting a new iPhone. Things haven't changed much. I'm still happy with my iPhone experience, so I'll continue to stay with the iPhone, though I am not happy I had to get a bigger phone. I really needed more space, and I really wanted Apple Pay, so an upgrade it is. It's currently still syncing and backing up, and then there's an update to 9.0.2, so it may be a while before I can actually use the thing. But before I bore you with my unrelated story, I got a Space Gray 64GB. I had a Space Gray 32GB 5s. Seems faster, screen seems more crisp, and it's definitely bigger, which since I don't feel the need for compensating for anything, is very annoying. I will most likely get a Lifeproof case for this one as well, but they haven't come out yet, so I currently have an Amzer Slim Pudding Soft Gel TPU Skin Fit Case Cover coupled with a Tech Armor HD Clear Ballistic Glass Screen Protector. I had good luck with both these with my 5s while I waited for its Lifeproof case to come out, so hopefully they'll do just as good this go around. Now onto my story...

If you're Facebook friends with me, you probably saw that we bought a house. The lady of the house wanted a few changes done, one of which was the color of the hardwood floor on the main level. The way the house is laid out, we can't get to the bedrooms on the upper floor while the floor is getting done, so we are spending the next 5 days in the basement, which is set up like a one bedroom apartment. By "we" I mean, me, my wife, my two kids, and the two cats. Basement is about 800 sq. ft. I understand that many people live in smaller spaces with more people, but this is my first world problem, and I'll whine as much as I please. Also, 7 Days of Hell sounds better than 5 Days. So far Day 1 of Hell is not going badly yet, even though we didn't grab nearly enough stuff from upstairs. We should have a window of opportunity in the morning before the flooring people come to put down another coat. I do fear the alcohol consumption around here is going to skyrocket in the next day or two. I think the phone is finally finished updating. I should go to bed, as I going to guess that 6:45 is going to come a lot sooner this week. Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment