Friday, October 9, 2015

iPhone 6s Day 4: Slow Burn

Phone acted normal today. I've discovered another minor annoyance: the six digit passcode. Even though I'm an IT guy, security is probably the least important thing to me. If you want to hack me, go ahead and take the couple pennies I have saved up. I do have Touch ID set up, and it seems to be faster and more accurate (or maybe easier?) than the 5s, but I've gotten used to using my 4 digit passcode, especially after the Lifeproof case started showing its age and getting my fingerprint to register was a crap shoot. Maybe I'll get used to Touch ID again...

The bigger screen is nicer when I use Waze. I don't think the map is showing me any more than it did before, but the details are easier to see. Or maybe I'm getting old and need bigger icons? I guess I'll be getting one of those Jitterbug phones next time I upgrade. Oh, I almost forgot that I have an extra row of icons on the main screen. That's been messing me up, but I'm almost used to it. I just need Apple to rotate home screen icons when the phone is in landscape mode and all will be well.

I met some friends/ex-coworkers for dinner at Taco Mac. Taco Mac had these new wing flavors, one of which was called "Slow Burn". It's made with scorpion peppers, which I (nor anyone I've talked to about it) had ever heard of. They came out, and they were hot, but not hot enough to need a drink after every bit hot. If you've ever had my sister's pepper sauce, you'd know what that feeling is like. The wings were also roasted, which I didn't know Taco Mac did. I liked it better than the fried wings for sure, and we assumed that they were better for us (albeit very slightly). I'd definitely get them again.

I'm also not sure why I'm awake right now. Probably the weight of not having done this post on time. Or maybe the scorpion peppers are having their revenge for me laughing in their face. I'm going to guess 2pm today is going to be really interesting...

2 comments:

  1. I like to roasted wings with the sauce on the side...also why didn't anyone tell me the pepper sauce was too hot when I made it??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What kind of West Indian would I be if I complained about how hot the pepper sauce was lol?

      Delete