Wednesday, October 7, 2015

iPhone 6s Day 3: Beat Up

First 'crisis' with the phone today: I had a crazy battery drain episode. It also refused to charge until I turned it off and then back on again. After that it went back to normal, but I'm still a little leery. I went to the Battery page in Settings, and it looks like Facebook might have been the offender as its power consumption was way higher than the other apps. I'll keep an eye on it and report back if I figure out anything.

Thanks to a friend and former coworker, I figured out the Reachability function. I didn't know a tap would register on the Home button, but it makes sense. My thumb can almost reach without it, but that feature makes it convenient to touch the top of the screen without contorting your thumb too badly. 

As I told you earlier, I've started running again. My body is starting to reject this form of exercise, but I'm going to try and push through. I bought some new cheap running shoes because my current ones were shot and my right knee made that well known about a mile in. They are some Asiacs GEL-Contend 3 and my right knee approved of them immediately. I'll upgrade to a nicer pair once the new house costs settle down a bit. First run was a little over 10 minute miles for the 3 miles I did. Today I did 9 minute miles. I'm guessing I'll never get back down to the 6 minute miles I did in high school, but I'll settle for 7.5. 

Lastly, I took the iPhone 5s out of its Lifeproof case. While the phone looks great and the case might still be drop proof, it is definitely letting all the elements in:


I did lose one 5s to a leak with a Lifeproof case, but I was smart enough to know I'm unlucky, and I bought the $10 Lifeproof insurance policy. It cost me a $50 deductible, but they sent me a new phone with no problem, so I'm hoping that policy is still around when I get the new case. 

I need to test and see if AT&T unlocked my 5s so I can sell it on eBay. Anyone near me have a non AT&T GSM phone whose SIM card I could borrow? I'll buy the coffee...

Day 3 of Hell had a few moments, but it was not terrible. The good news is as long as the fumes don't seem overwhelming, we can sleep in the bedrooms tomorrow. We couldn't even make it the 7 days. We are quitters. Speaking of quitting, I'm going to bed. Deuces...


No comments:

Post a Comment