Monday, September 23, 2013

30 days with an iPhone 5s...Coming soon!

It's been so long since I've done a blog post that I almost forgot my account info. But I figured it out, so here I am again! It was fun to do the 30 days with the iPhone 4s, and so why not do the 5s? I know #TeamAndroid is like "why are you still using that PoS phone?" Well, unfortunately, I'm married to #TeamiPhone. I'm just way too invested to go anywhere else. Group MMS is not the same on an Android, besides the fact that most of the group is using an iPhone anyhow. What Google and/or Samsung (since apparently the other Android manufacturers are barely on the map) need to do is offer like a $20 or $25 credit to the Google Play store so I can replace the App Store apps I've already bought. That might get someone like me to go to the dark side, or see the light, or whatever cheesy analogy you want to throw in there. Dear Google and/or Samsung, I'll take .1% of the profits you make from using my idea. Still not doing a Windows Phone, they barely have more apps than my Palm Pre did.

So I ordered the 5s online, because I'm too old to camp out for anything and I wasn't smart enough to hire a homeless person to stand in line for me. I did place my order at like 4:05 AM EDT, so I got in the "lucky" queue of 1 - 3 business days to ship. I read that by 4:10, it was 7 - 10 days for the gold one, and the other two colors followed shortly a few hours after. Now I saw the date if you order one now is mid October, which just seems ridiculous for a company who knows their demand is going to be crazy. I haven't checked my Apple stock price lately, I should see how it's doing now. There will be a couple major changes for me when the phone arrives, which should be early next week if the Apple estimate holds. I'll detail those on Day 1. Apple says it should arrive somewhere between September 30 and October 2, which means they are shipping it as slow as humanly possible, bastards.

I think that's it for now. Just wanted to warm you all up before the daily blasts started coming. Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment